Saturday 8 November 2014

Hand Made Seed Organiser. 



Were planning on building a new shed over the next few months. 

Since taking on the plot around 5 months ago we have acquired  lots of seeds. From seed swapping online groups, friends weve made at the allotment and seeds that I've bought as a treat for myself.

I  visualise the shed were going to make and painting it a lovely vintage green shade. Unable to make a start on the shed building myself I've begun to plan and make items id like to place in the shed. 

The images above show the fabric seed organiser I've sewn myself. Having seen lots of tins and wooden boxes to store seeds in I wanted something I could hang and access easily.  

The main fabric i used for the seed organiser was an old vintage curtain my mother had been using to line her car boot with. It had a few rips and tears but I worked around these. I cut some of the shapes from the edge of the curtain and hand stitched the month labels on. The brown fabric for the pockets is from a shower curtain that we've never used. 

I also added four extra pockets at the bottom of the organiser so I could store plant labels, pens and other bits and pieces.

I have some scraps of fabric left over so I plan to make some cushion covers to match.

Ive also asked my mum to hunt down the other curtain as im sure I can put it to use. 

Claire 



No comments:

Post a Comment