Tuesday 6 October 2015

Using the Produce From the Plot.

Thought id share some of the things i have been making using the produce form our plot. One of the best successes this year was the Broad Bean Hummus that i made time and time again for BBQ's and garden parties this summer I found the recipe on www.foodandthefabulous.com I first had a go with Sammie and we made this short video if you gain an exceess of broad bean i would deffo give it a try...

The website that we got the recipe is lovely and we were overwhelmed when Ishay Govender-Ypma the creator of the recipe left a lovely comment on our video. 
I would definitely take the time to visit her site to check out her other recipes. 

In addtion to the hummus I also pickled some of my produce for the first time this year and was really impressed with the tasty results. I even entered them in to our local show and won prizes. 


The pickled onion recipe i made up myself using red and white onions and brown vinegar and pretty much added what i found in our cupboards including honey and cinium 
and the Pickled courgette recipe was from 
both recipes went down a treat and we are still adding them to salads and sandwiches... yummy..!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment